One Season in the Sun, a short non-fiction work on major league players whose careers lasted only a few weeks.
Short Fiction Online
- “Limousine” which appeared in The Kenyon Review
- “Driving in Snow” which appeared in The New Virginia Review and was reprinted on Redux
- “Charity”, Five Chapters
- “Car Wash,” which appeared in The Missouri Review and was reprinted on Redux
- The Baseball Book that Changed My Life: Bang the Drum Slowly, National Pastime Museum
- “Secret Lives: Katherine Heiny’s Single, Carefree, Mellow,” jointly published by The Millions and Bloom.
- “The Risky Fiction of Paul Harding”, jointly published by The Millions and Bloom
- “The Polar Explorer’s Guide to Writing a Novel,” Bloom
- “Karl Marlantes: Ghosts Into Ancestors,” Bloom
- “Thirty Years of Re-Reading Lucky Jim“, The Millions
- “Reference Point: Fathers and Sons,” The Millions